Sunday, 13 July 2014

Busy week!

This week has been a busy one!

Projects

I finally finished jess jumper (go take a look-http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/jess-jumper.html) and halfway through a gift for my friends baby, can you guess what it could be??



I also stuck to my bake one thing a week- and this week it was brownies! (see post here-http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/choc-brownies.html)

Other news

My school had an open/fun day yesterday- luckily the weather turned nice unlike now its pouring down ;) had a look at the many stalls, some the same as last year and some new! outside company stalls were loom band stall, jam stall and a tarot reading stall (were the new ones)- there were lots of jewellery stalls, a branded sweet stall, balloon stall (glad was there as the lady is amazing) and two face painting stalls (set up opposite each other?)  no card stall this year though and again another fair with no knitting..... (even winter ones I went to last year had only one out of the many I visited)

So with looking around yesterday last night and this morning at the moment my mind is thinking the sweet idea I will look into once I move due to the renting and registering kitchen etc.. The knitting I emailed the local council trading standards last week to enquire about CE testing and they emailed back midweek saying they do need to be-  so have started looking into the required steps and where to get a pack from (also joined a fb group) was very nervous emailing them though, not sure why!

The other idea is again different and have not seen at any fairs have been to so far- will market research this (and will defiantly need to practise). Done a survey ages ago which was useful and have used the feedback from it to then ask more questions and add these ideas into it- thinking its all research anyway! Here is a link to the new survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RMYQVWL

My crafty pal Victoria (http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk/blog) for lending me a brill book and already on chapter 3! finding it very useful and after the research will do some prototypes of the two ideas and see how they go :) BIG HUGS AND THANKS XXXX

So another essay written oops but that sums up the week :P Next week is the last week of term so hope from then can get organised :)

Take a look at other crafty people over at handmade harbour (SS link next week) http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/



16 comments:

  1. Well done with your first jumper!:-) Love the colours. I attempete one abouj 3 years ago and have not been brave enough since. Will try again I think but it's not the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your knitting skills, I haven't knitted since I was at school and my tension always used to go to pot! Brownies look yummy too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou- yeah its very tricky and something i always get stuck on! they tasted yummy too hehe x

      Delete
  3. good luck with the business plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more jumper more than me will done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to guess your knitting a hat? Love the Jess jumper, its very pretty. You are very good at doing market research - I may have to call on you to help me once I'm settled in the new place. Glad you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are getting lots of great ideas together for your business. You know what they say "fail to plan, plan to fail" looks like you've got that covered.
    And no idea what you are knitting, I want to say a mini wreath but then why would that be for a baby? A rattle or toy? (the colour makes me think Minion) - seriously no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it a rattle or teething ring? Well done on the jumper too just popped over from Handmade Monday and started following you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good guess :P many thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  8. I thought a hat or a cocoon. I think Karen on CF wrote a very good blog post about CE testing as she has been through it with her sock monkeys. Okay found it: http://www.rarabazaar.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/ce-testing-for-toys.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brill link thankyou so much- helps alot as its so confusing if not sure where to start! x

      Delete