I made brandy snaps (see link here http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/brandy-snaps.html for the post and the recipe) and I also went on a figure drawing course - see the story here: http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/figure-drawing.html
Jess craft
We got some air drying clay and made some models last night- left them to dry and just finished painting them :) even though jess halfway preferred mixing the paints with water.
Decisions
Had a think about what I want to do business wise and the knitting still comes back to me- maybe make knitting clothing for dolls? But would that require ce testing? Am still thinking of selling sweets- but as im still unsure if I can from my rented property at the moment (as if kitchen needs to be registered not sure can do it as tenancy agreement states only to be used as residential) I think I will concentrate on practising, making as gifts- researching and to gain a level 2 hygiene certificate- maybe ask council on more info as if do move not sure if need set requirements... but I feel like im split into two ideas and not sure what direction to go in :S anyone feel this sometimes??? Bit in limbo! And I have another idea but not to sure of this one yet- ahh many ideas going around my head but one thing is for sure- I want to do something crafty as a business on the side!
On other news-
I love using charcoal so much that I treated myself to a charcoal set :P
:)
I am debating to get back onto the writing front- kept my old wordpress blog but think thats a decision for over the summer....... think I might transfer posts to this site and make a page?
Anyway alot to think about! Have a look at other crafty people over at handmade harbour! http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/

Sometimes it's hard to know what direction to take things, especially as you have so many crafty options. I guess you just need to take your time, research everything thoroughly and then I always think "when you know, you know", it will just feel right. Listen to your gut feelings, they are usually right! Good luck, keep us posted!
ReplyDeletethanks- thats what im going to do, there is no rush :) x
DeleteI agree with Julia, just practice and research for now. Something may suddenly pop that is right for you. Hard when you are starting out to focus on one thing, so enjoy this time.
ReplyDeletewill do :) no harm in extra practise :P
DeleteYou are very talented and hopefully you will settle on what you enjoy making and make that your business. I wish you the very best :)
ReplyDeleteaw thankyou for your kind words- means alot! xx
DeleteI know just how you feel having lots of ideas in your head, my only advice is find time for as many as you can without overwhelming yourself! I look forward to hearing what choices you make re your new crafty business, it sounds like it will be an exciting new direction whatever you choose :) x
ReplyDeletecheers will keep informed :) i like to dabble at many things so hopefully one will stick- and one is going that way :P x
DeleteI just love Brandy Snaps I well try the recipe
ReplyDeletelet me know how it goes :) x
DeleteLots of ideas can be a real problem, can't they - lol. I'd probably try whatever takes the least time first ;)
ReplyDeletegood idea many thanks xx
DeleteI dabble in quite a lot of things, I made sure to call myself Lucy Blossom Crafts rather than Cards which allows me to try other things too and I still have a gazillion ideas to explore. I love the Jess craft, will have to try out air drying clay with my monster.
ReplyDeleteSympathize with your rented property dilema, same clause in mine. I'm totally ignoring it at the moment and painting furniture in the kitchen diner and storing the finished items in the lounge :) Landlord never comes to inspect, hooray. Good luck with your ideas, just an idea you can do more than one business at a time, knit whilst the sweets are cooking. Then if one takes off stop doing the other. Oh I nearly wrote a blog here lol. x
ReplyDelete