Research with ce testing coming along (understand there are three areas to test) and once I have made two dolls (not from pattern) I will order a pack from conformance and start testing (will blog the stages) but have been writing down what yarn and stuffing am using for the doll im currently making.
Also thinking of making mr/mrs dolls for weddings (as always two wedding announcements each year for me) and for xmas maybe dolls with xmas jumper style??
Anyway here is the petal doll so far:
Jess craft
We have made grape monsters out of air drying clay and pirate hats this week (as one of the fairs had a pirate theme and if kids dressup then they get a reward) :)
Other news
As its been such a hot week and baked alot last week I have not baked anything- but will next week and will try fudge as have borrowed a sugar thermometer :D
Went to two craft fairs yesterday- 1st one had a knitting stall!!! long table full of blankets, cardis (for £2.50) and knitted dolls measuring 11 inches ( firemen, policemen, sailors, ballerinas, minons £4)- brought jess a fireman (and for research purposes of course) none had ce tags on them however she said they have been tested- but a day after one of his arms is coming off!! . The 2nd fair was tiny but had lots of fabric type stalls- one knitting (blankets and about 5 toys) they had a sign up saying they been tested (EN71-1, 2, 3) couldnt see if had tags on though... but they were selling for alot more (£10) had some clowns and some dolls.
Neither had sweet stalls.
So that has been my week! check out other crafty people over at handmade harbour: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/

I love the grape monsters, I'm sure they'd be popular with my monkey too. It's interesting to see what stalls are at local fairs, I'm definitely going to be doing some scouting around once I move.
ReplyDeleteNot long now! :P hehe was going to paint them but look ok as they are :) x
DeleteThe prices seem very low. I am sure whoever was selling was not even covering the cost of the wool. You doll looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing it made up.
ReplyDeleteYeah thats what I thought.... many thanks xx
DeleteThe grape monsters are fun.
ReplyDeleteThat stall sounds very cheap and as Ginx said doubt they are covering the cost of raw materials, let alone insurance, tax, nic etc plus no labels would be doubtful have been tested properly.
Good luck with you testing research
Hehe your little monsters are so cute :) Good luck with knitting your first doll! x
ReplyDeletethankyou! never used air drying clay before! x
ReplyDelete