Sunday, 24 August 2014

Results and Reflection

I have finished two of last weeks WIP and Jess loves them both :) so productive week! Here are the links to them both:

Flop: http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/flop.html
Petal: http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/petal.html

New WIPS:

Short term WIP 1

Started knitting myself a cowl (already have a shawl but never made one before) but halved the cast on sts as it looked too big for my little neck :P. Done a tester and the sts worked out ok but I now have a long spare bit so will either make it into a cowl for jess or a headwarmer for me....



Medium term WIP 2

Moved the Big Knit to medium term goal now as only have a few months!

Long term WIP 3

Will make a start on a hat for my other half :) he has selected blue but need to show him what blue yarns I have :)

Other news......

This week I received my GCSE Higher Maths results- I got C :) very happy with this and the course has given me confidence in maths again so it was worth it!

In business news I have found that dolls will be an no go what with all the testing that I have researched and still cant get my head around it still and the fact that I attempted my first doll which I found hard at times to make so I think I will just make as gifts.....

But back to square one as such! when I first thought of wanting to sell I set out to make baby clothes (and had long list of what want to make) but due to time I think sell a few select items for baby and adults and more of accessory's then clothes (as what stopped me was how long it took and it started to make me not love knitting). But im happy I have researched all areas and my first thought is the one I gone back to! But will only sell at fairs or if people request as still want this as a hobby :) and timewise what with jess, job and starting level 1 BSL (and some tutoring) think wont have time for lots of stock making!

So alot of ideas in past posts but dont regret any as its interesting looking into other areas and seeing how much goes into it all- big hugs to all fellow craft sellers!

So thats my week :) off to have a look at other crafty peoples blogs over at handmade harbour to see what they have been up to! http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/






5 comments:

  1. They're great projects, it's amazing how many different ideas us creative types have whizzing round our brains. Ultimately you have to go with your heart as many hours are spent making things to sell and you have to be happy to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all learn by our practice pieces, some of mine have been relegated to the bin and with hand making you have to be passionate about what you do, when it becomes a chore time to walk away and have a break or try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many crafty things to make and not enough time to make them! Well done on your maths exam results (one of my worst subjects!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys- breaks are defo needed as tend to slow down and do something else and not want to knit :( but then a week later i pick it up and knit faster lol

    ReplyDelete