I didnt manage to finish the banner but I did make a castle cake for the family get together later today!
I did make abit too much cake (was a nice left over snack) and was the first time I have made a decorative cake (made birthday cake before but not like this). Icing is a problem for me but i learnt buttercream icing (only thought use buttercream for filling!) and it worked a treat- used milk instead of water and its consistency was perfect!
Was brilliant to bake again - took a while but enjoyed it :)
Here are some piccys!
Nearly finished! I like the drawbridge :)
Linking up with handmade harbour - take a look at other crafty blogs! http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/handmade-monday-174.html

That is a lot of cake but I'll bet it went down well. I like to keep left over sponge for rum truffles, or something similar. Mixed with a little squishy jam then rolled in sugar strands they always go down well.
ReplyDeleteThere is no such things as too much cake! Love it x
ReplyDeleteYou had me at "chocolate"! ;-D
ReplyDeleteBTW, love those Cake Stands!
Wow cake galore and looks delicious. Must admit I like to do extra and can use in a trifle or like you snacking cakes.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jess the lady of the hour
thanks guys- the cake stands were my nans :) cant go wrong with chocolate hehe think next time will use left overs for trifle xxx
ReplyDeleteIt looks delicious. Glad she had a great birthday.
ReplyDeletechocolate chocolate every where I just love it
ReplyDelete