Friday, 27 December 2013

Highlights and 2014

As the new year approaches I thought I would look back on this year and see my achievements in knitting and as well as my future wishes :)

2013

1) Knitted my first toy (learnt how to change colours) and my first booties



2) Used 10mm chunky needles for first time making my shawl

3) Got the "hobby to more than" idea into my head

4) Knitted more than I ever have done before (see past projects for pics):

- 5 cup cozys
- 2 toys
- 2 props
- 3 blankets
- 2 booties
- a scarf
- 2 baby hats
- wrist warmers
- baby poncho 
- adult shawl

5) Gave knitting as gifts to people!

6) Started a blog and found awesome people on forums and linkups

7) Tried cable and rib stitches

2014

1) To perfect the cable stitch
2) Learn crochet
3)Learn lace
4) Re-start cross stitch
5) To sort out my craft room

What has been your highlights of this year? What do you want to do in 2014?

Many thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have perfected your knitting this year and I'm sure you will do the same with crochet in 2014. For your cable stitch, have you used a cable needle? They work great if you do a lot of cable stitches. It's so much fun to read your blog. I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the owl you knitted. It's so cute! Hope you have a great day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. many thanks guys! I just brought a cable needle so hopefully it will help alot! What are your highlights and wished for 2014? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your owl! Sounds like you've come on leaps and bounds this year, and I'm sure 2014 will be the same. Good luck with crochet, I'm still learning, and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that i have too :) thanks hun you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to learn to knit for more years than I care to admit..and I have failed miserably every time despite having some fab teachers...so huge kudos on your great achievement on the knitting....and good luck with your 2014 goals... especially the craft room one...that has been on every list I have made for years...

    Happy New Year to you...may it bring all that you need and a few nice surprises too.

    ReplyDelete