Sunday, 7 June 2015

Bibs and new project!

Hello everyone!

This week I finished a new sewing project- a baby bib! Not bad for first attempt :)


Also learnt some new techniques like top stitching and cutting some parts of the fabric so when you turn it in it will spread out and flatten better :) 



Nearly finished partners scarf (finally- but also learned that half the ball of wool can make a shrug for jess- possible new project near winter) and also have a new exciting project to start!!

This new project is to make an elsa tutu type dress for jess for her birthday party (in three weeks!) :D tried looking at few but didnt like them so thought why not make my own? Got half the supplies but the haberdashery has run out of blue tulie :( (will let me know when it is in) got pink though so I can make another skirt for the family get together later in july and on her birthday itself!

So many designs and techniques to choose when making them :) pinterest has once again been a brill site for ideas! Will post my journey into making them! fingers x will turn out ok!

Following my other post that I put up few days ago- I had some time to properly sit and think and have decided (for now at least) to make baby/toddler things as its quicker to knit, can sell if tutu works out ok and bibs etc... plus know had interest on the xmas hat I made last year so might after dress make a few :) Have emailed my local trading standards to ask about testing so the ball has started :D

Know from September I will be abit busy again (Level 2 BSL hopefully and driving lessons) but hope to make some time in the week purely for craft as I have missed it!

This Wednesday I will be going to a craft eve meetup! My first one so it will be lovely to meet some more fellow crafters (oh and vicky too :P)

So much going on at the moment!

Linking up with the Handmade Monday blog hop- now to go over and see other crafty people and what they have been up to.

x


9 comments:

  1. Love baby things to make as so small and quick to do. Yes snipping round corners helps when turning and pressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bib Jenny, looking forward to the crafty meet up this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little bib. Cutting around the corners certainly helps the material lay flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed reading your blog posts. It's so nice to hear from you again. This is the cutest little bib you have created. I wish you a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bib! I really need to work on my sewing, I've got some projects in mind that will need me to be better than I am! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww your baby bib is so cute :) They're really fun to make aren't they x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little bib! Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dotty fabric you have used :) Going ahead with baby and toddler items is a great idea.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thankyou all so much- really enjoyed making it :) will make some more soon as have lots of spare fabric xx

    ReplyDelete