Sunday, 3 May 2015

Coconut ice + Pebble bugs

I tried to make coconut ice few weeks back but added too much milk and it didn't set properly- so me being stubborn I tried again this week and it came out ok! :)


Here is how to make 1 batch:

1) Heat 1kg sugar and 300ml milk
2) Add 200g coconut
3) Drain off  excess milk
4) Put 3/4 into a tin and flatten out
5) Put pink food colouring into rest of mixture and then put on top of the other mixture and flatten out
6) Leave at room temperature to set

The recipe I used didn't say to drain but found the mixture would have still been too watery to set properly.



Also this week I finished jess pebble bugs :) they love their new home and jess keeps saying hello to them everytime she passes them.




Hope you all have a good week! Off to see other blogs for Handmade Monday.




7 comments:

  1. Mmm yummy I love coconut ice. Cute pebbles. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yummy I love coconut ice. Cute pebbles. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love coconut ice, Mum used to make some when I was younger and put in paper cones to take on my adventures, lol. Pebbles are pebbletastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jenny, the coconut ice looks so so yummy! Those little pebble people are so cute. My best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou everyone- sorry for very delayed reply! jess wants more bugs to live next door to the ones we made :P coconut ice went down well so happy with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had to stop by to say hello having found you on the web, we have the same name and even daughters called the same, as Dame Edna would say out our way "that's spooky"! That is where the similarities end, I would love to bake as well as you, your coconut ice looks great :)
    (Little Wandering) Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats brill and yep abit spooky ;) thanks for stopping by to say hi! look forward to seeing more of you x

      Delete