Looking back on this year I didnt manage to do most of my resolutions but I have done alot of first's :)
Out of the 5 resolutions made, I did attempt some crochet but couldnt get into it properly and I did perfect cable stitch (okish) :s the craft area I can only do so much as not alot of space which should be resolved in 2015 as hope to be moving!
So highlights of this year (many to choose!):
1) Making my first doll
Turned out ok- the hair was tricky but as a first attempt im happy with her and understand all that goes into CE testing
2) Jess Jumper
Nice to see jess wearing something I made :) again a first jumper type project
3) Microbes for work
One was from my own design and really enjoyed that part of this project- also work likes them and was different to the usual things I knit.
4) Elf hat
Defiantly an improvement from the last hat I made so know my knitting has come a long way since then- and this will be a part of the stock for my future stall :)
5) Jess birthday castle cake
Was the first "more than one tier" cake I have made :) went down well and held up!
So onto 2015:
My resolutions (craft wise) that I hope to do ...
1) To do my first craft fair
2) Learn lace (taken from last years list)
3) Make a dress
4) Learn needle-felting
I already have started with the craft fair one- know what fair I would like to do and have joined the FB group so can get the dates and application form when it comes out (and know the price etc).
Needle-felting I think would be interesting and can add makes to the knitwear. Making a dress is on my to do before 30 list and be nice to use my new mannequin! Lace will be useful to add to my knitting knowledge and use for future stalls.....
Thinking each month I will do a list of things want to do in prep for the fair so not to put lots of pressure on myself- January I think will be to make two hats (if possible) and write up a business plan!
But for 2015 the main target will be to set up/start the business :) what with work, jess and bsl (till May) think be a good long term (take my time) challenge :P and this year I have been up and down with the idea so many times but think will be good in the long run as many people keep saying "wont know till tried" :) so here goes!
My main resolution goals are- move out! draw more, pass BSL and QTS maths :) So alot to go on! :P
So what has been your highlights of the year? Any ideas for 2015 for you and your craft?
Many thanks for reading!
x
It is good to plan and like you have a list already. Currently making Easter products and booked a fair for the 14th March, should finish Easter by mid January.
ReplyDeleteMy plans are to make a Birthday/christmas gift and card each month to put away for 2015, then don't have a mad rush and panic nearer the time.
Not booking any fairs for Dec as footfall poor as most customers seem to be on the high street. Apart from Mar and June only booking in Oct/Nov.
Good luck with your planning
thanks! good luck with the fair and easter planning! x
DeleteYou have really accomplished a lot this past year and you taught yourself! I wish you all the best for this new year!
ReplyDeletemany thanks really appreciate it- nice to look back and see just how much got done :) all the best for you too- any plans? x
Delete