Saturday, 5 March 2016

Fabric heart

Hello everyone- Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow :D

I made this for my mum from one of jess old tops (now im sorting them out and have kept a few to make things with)  Hope she will like it!


Was nice to get my sewing machine out again- next sewing project is a bear from my fiancées old work shirt :) Looking back on my first ever sewing project ( a heart) I think my technique is neater? Here is my first one from a few years ago:



Nice to build up my fabric stash again :P Think will make a heart for our room....... although my sewing machine is on the blink tho (getting new one/bigger one for my birthday) 

4 years ago for mothers day I finished off a blanket that me and my nan was making (before she passed away) and can see how far I have come in knitting now :D 

Talking of knitting - I have nearly finished the back of the jacket :D Still waiting for my wool delivery so can start Anna hat.

Friday marked two years that I have known our host Vicky - we hope to meetup Monday (had a few attempts but things have got in the way, we are jinxed at the mo!) So looking forward to a big catchup :D xxx

Hope everyone has had a good week? I overdone it on Tuesday as extreme nesting started felt like I had to sort all of jess old clothes and wash all new baby bits! Our boiler went over that weekend so no heat or hot water till the Monday so was behind on housework too :s 

Nice rest tomorrow though! Mummy day lie in maybe???

Linking up with Handmade Monday :0 








8 comments:

  1. It's so lovely to see how our skills develop isn't it. I'm sure your mum will love heart. Hope you managed a lie in, my lie in consisted of being woken at 4 with wide awake baby who didn't settle until 6 :( fingers crossed she sleeps tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to look back sometimes isn't it, see the improvement that you probably don't notice day to day.
    I bet your mum loved her heart - it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely gift for your Mum. The fun of crafting is we all progress and get better over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pommie Mothers Day. Mothers Day here isnt until May, so Ive got a couple of months before I get my sleep in and breakfast in bed! I still have the first thing I ever crocheted which was a blanket for my first born (who's now 15!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was up at 7am so lie in for me but had a nice day thanks hun x

      Delete