Hello
Thankyou all so much for your kind words last week- unfortunately I pulled out of the fair as even though I was feeling abit better by Thursday, my daughter jess started to feel unwell on Tuesday and got worse by Friday and yesterday. Lack of sleep and still had things to do for it but not had a moment to do it also helped with the decision.
So felt abit deflated but there is always next time and things happen so wasn't meant to be this time. Also it wasn't advertised well (tiny postcard on two shop windows and a banner that you couldnt read) and there were about 10 other fairs going on that day too that were better advertised :S
Onto other news - to cheer jess up I started to make a gingerbread house- I saw the idea on one of my facebook groups and had to do it! Jess loves it and is helping me make up all the bits :) still got few more things to add so see next week for the finished piccy :)
Here are the stages so far:
:)
Also started knitting again this morning and thought to continue the sensory band and have started a clanger for jess to go in her stocking :)
Many thanks for reading - will link up with Handmade Monday :)

Sorry to hear about the fair as I know you were looking forward to joining in. Maybe next time when everyone if feeling well. This is such a cute idea of a gingerbread house. It's coming along amazingly. Take care of yourself, hugs, Pat
ReplyDeleteThanks hun still feel sad but just wasnt the time to do it i guess- jess loves it wont come out now! x
DeleteGlad to hear you're feeling better but sorry about the fair. There will be others! Your gingerbread house is looking good! It reminds me of a hedgehog house :)
ReplyDeleteCheers hun defo be others :) wish i can fit in it- might need to add an attachment :P x
DeleteWhat a great idea, it makes a great little hideaway, such fun too. Sorry that you didn't get to go to the fair but there's always others. It's not good to do an event when you'd be worrying about Jess and feeling less than good yourself. :)
ReplyDeleteThats what partner said :) thanks hun xx
Deletehmm... :-D
ReplyDeleteIf our "young" ones lived closer by AND if I had the SPACE, I'd give something like this a go... The ELVES *know* I HAVE the "supplies"!!
Anyhoo, hope everyone is feeling a bit better now... Too bad you had to forego the Fair, but it probably was the best decision. No good exhausting yourself for nothing.
:-D
Thankyou - im on the mend now and so is jess maybe do a fair before flu season :P xx
DeleteI hope you and your daughter feel better soon. I'm sorry about the fair. What a sweet house you're building!
ReplyDeleteWe are thankyou :) makes use of a boring box :P xx
DeleteThe house looks like it going to be so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI saw a clanger pattern on line the other day, I wonder if it's the same one. I don;t think I'l have time for Christmas but would love to try making it for someone!
I will be posting a link so it could be :) the house has been used so much at mo worried about after xmas now lol x
Deletedropped by to say "hi" from Handmade Monday, want to see more of your gingerbread house as it progresses, hope you'll share it again next week, what a great idea - Chris @madebyChrissieD :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by! xx
DeleteSometimes thing happen for a reason, hope you did not lose too much rent money.
ReplyDeleteThe gingerbread house is looking good and sure Jess will love it, as made with love. Take care of yourself hugs x
No had to pay on the day thankfully- thanks hun she does :) x
DeleteWhat a super house. Boxes are great, aren't they.
ReplyDeleteSo much you can do with them- best prezzie back in the day! thansk hun x
DeleteIt looks great, don't worry about the fair - you will get there when the time is right.
ReplyDelete