Sunday, 18 October 2015

Slow and steady wins the race?

Hello all :)

So last time I checked in was showing you my new makes and having the internet back :) thank-you all so much for your replies!

Today I will be showing you my nearly finished business card :) Just need to add my facebook page which I will be launching next month to co-inside with having this blog for two years! I hope to start an etsy shop after xmas fair (or before if not enough stock) but not sure if to put on the card now or put it on next year when I have it?


What do you think? I hope the blog colours are similar :)


I have also ordered white bags to give out to customers at the fair- 50 of them from amazon- really good for £3 :)

Have finished two more hats but cannot start the elf and candycane as run out of the red and trying to find it! If cannot find by end of week will have to use different colour red :S unless do pink and blue style like the cupcakes???? Help?

Been busy this weekend as I went to the language show in London- back is killing me today so think will start on my felt heart bunting for the table at the fair (how long is a standard size table that you get at a fair???) Newbie worrys!

Also looked at some of my first hat/blanket projects and can already see how far I have come- and want to improve them :D glad im starting the business now and not back then! Slow and steady over the years and feel finally confident with my makes- WIN :P

Anyway that is all this week- look forward to reading and catching up with other fellow handmade monday bloggers :P

x

10 comments:

  1. I love the card design and the new look of your blog. Sounds like you have been very busy. I wish you the best on your new business venture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - its a start isnt it and can always add more later to it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of your new business card, the name in the cloud looks sweet and easy to read. I've done a few fairs in the past and the tables have been different sizes, I've had 4 foot, 5 foot and 6 foot tables. My table cloth covers a 6 foot table and can be folded in the centre if the table is smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :D oh might have to spread my stock out if 6ft lol trying to make some felt bunting for the table and trying to decide on cloth for cover- its a Christmas fair and stall needs to be decorated xmasy - thinking bright colours instead of traditional :S but a nice white cloth so the bright colours stand out.... :)

      Delete
  3. I think you are so right about slow and steady, I too look back at early makes and can see how much I have learnt. Isnt it fabuilous how we can continue to learn and grow? Hope your back feels better for a good nights sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table size is always a worry and a MYSTERY! And, after Costs, should be your NEXT question to the Organizers of any Fair! I usually have to book 2 tables for the Shows that run more than 5 hours - IF the price is right! - I can't do under a 6' one!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tables are normally 6ft may be worth checking though. Love the new look card and must admit I am still learning after all these years

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new business card - don't be like I did and order over 500 to start with (just in case you change something). I have a sheet as my tablecloth, then on the top of that I use crushed velvet (because it doesn't need ironing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes slowly but surely is better as we all learn and grow and evolve. I'm amazed at how my crochet has changed and how far I've come. At least by not rushing into opening a shop you've not got disheartened you're learning before opening x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes slowly but surely is better as we all learn and grow and evolve. I'm amazed at how my crochet has changed and how far I've come. At least by not rushing into opening a shop you've not got disheartened you're learning before opening x

    ReplyDelete