Monday, 24 February 2014

Handmade monday #11


So after a two week break (didnt have much to say or show as been so busy I had not picked up my needles for a week!!) im back!

But first- who watched The Great British Sewing Bee??!! How exciting to have it back on our screens :) who is your fav so far?? I miss Ann :( she was brilliant but am so far warming to katie...

Anyway back on the knitting front I have made progress with jess jumper! :) I have finished the back and now onto the sleeves :) 

I have also picked out another project to do- a toy fairy from lets knit mag and have a request from my partner to make a ipad bag/pouch. 

So lots to cast on! But have made a decision that has make me start to relax and pick out whatever projects I want to do and not stress, make it back into a hobby so to speak and not do a craft fair (...yet -maybe in future) as I want to learn few more yarn skills and dont want to loose the fun out of it - I need knitting to remain relaxing due to work! I will still teach knitting though to run alongside private tutoring starting after maths exams finish in June and so also feel wont have time to make up lots of stock etc...

So yes that has been my week- also updated my other blog. 

Thanks for reading and go check out other fellow crafty people over at handmade harbour: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/handmade-monday-156.html

2 comments:

  1. I loved the new Sewing Bee, not sure who my favourite is yet, but that girl who never uses patterns was amazingly talented! I think its a good idea to put the idea of a business on the back burner if it is making you stressed. Making your hobby into a business is great but if you're not having fun then its a waste of your time and energy.

    Can't wait to see some pictures of your next projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Sewing Bee too. I do not know how anyone can sew under a time pressure though, with me it just takes as long as it is going to take.

    ReplyDelete