Hello
What a few weeks it has been- alot of thinking has been done.....
I am spreading myself thinly (agree with wendy at handmade harbour) and due to this I have been unwell (last Thursday resulted in a constant panic attack feeling) and some people have been saying I should slow down. I have two big things that will (or at least one) finish in May so I can maybe then think about fairs but hope to move and that again is another big stressful thing....
There is no rush to start my business and I dont want to rush for my first fair as then I will feel bad (as want to enjoy the journey) and wont be up to standard :( so rather get the big things out the way 1st. So yes again yo yo decision to go very slowly but instead of feeling down im trying new patterns/techniques and hope to learn new skills so when I do start stock I can incorporate it in :) otherwise if focusing on the usual patterns I wont have time to learn new ones...
I have sorted logo and business plan so happy with that (decided on black, white and pink colours)
I have made a start on partners scarf and the lets knit blanket (lksecretgarden) where they put in two patterns every month so can learn new tech- started the parallelogram and looks good! honeycomb one seems tricky so unravelled it as it went wrong (had to use two cable needles - still working on them as it is)
So mixed few weeks but happy that ive learnt a new pattern and know there is no rush for the fair (might start after May who knows)
Will post up the lksecretgarden blanket patches and other craft stuff still (then business stuff when ready)
Have been baking with Jess- choc chip cake then a banana and blueberry cake :) she now knows what ingredients are needed :P
Linking up with Lucy blossom crafts blog hop :) handmade monday...
Thanks for reading!

.jpg)
.jpg)


your new kit pattern looks lovely...so does your baking. reminds me I should really make a banana cake as I have some overripe bananas
ReplyDeleteTake your time it will come when you are ready and will be better than stretching yourself in so many directions. Love blueberries, your baking as always makes me feel hungry.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can slow down a bit and take care of yourself. Your new scarf looks so nice. And, the cakes you baked look so yummy. I hope your start to the new week goes well.
ReplyDeleteThe cakes look delicious - you'll have to save me some next time ;) There is absolutely no need to feel rushed or pressured into starting your business. Just take your time and start when you are ready to. Thanks for linking up with my new Handmade Monday
ReplyDeleteIt's much too easy to spread yourself too thinly, and you should definitely take a break if you need one rather than letting yourself get burnt out.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you haven't felt too well lately but I think a few of those scrummy cakes will definitely put a smile on your face.
ReplyDeleteTake deep breathes and take your time it will all come together in time.You've got some yummy looking bakes there, your knitting is looking good as well.
ReplyDeleteThe cakes looks so yummy. There's no better medicine than a slice of cake....
ReplyDeleteSometimes you need to step back and take a break. Your business will still be there when you are ready to resume things. Take care xx
Take your time, the scarf looks great as do the cakes:)
ReplyDeleteTaking your time sounds like the best plan, it would be a shame not to be able to enjoy the ride. Your cakes look scrummy! :)
ReplyDeleteI love banana cake, I love it with honey butter, hubby loves it with maple butter, I think that the best way to build up a business is to do it slowly, enjoy doing it and don't wear yourself out.
ReplyDeleteJan x
Thankyou all so much for the comments- sorry for the late delay in reply- been another hard week :( xx
ReplyDelete