So yesterday I went to a craft fair for the first time in ages (bumped imto fellow crafter Victoria from Lucy Blossom Crafts) and saw lots of just handmade only things- it got me wanting to set up a stall feeling again (this fair its quiet expensive for a stall and felt the stallholders not really wanting to communicate but instead looking on their phones etc...) so maybe not that fair- was something about the atmosphere didnt feel right. There is another fair next weekend that I will check out- a church one (normally church ones I have found are popular) and I know from last years research two fairs that look to be popular (one is my old church!)
So again debating to do this knitting selling only in winter (and few stalls) and only as a hobby so if I cant make up lots of stock it will be no big thing..... and the tuition will be an all year round thing :)
Does anyone else keep coming and going with things like this? Maybe because there are soooo many business out there and some I feel are so much better than what I can make.... but wont know till tried I guess- plus just love the atmosphere of a fair and having your own stall (love car boot sales just like my nan did)
Worth a shot!
In other news
1) Knitted virus is nearly halfway :)
2) Mr penicillin is at his new home
3) Have a look at other post this week showing some jess crafts here: http://just-jennywren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/playdohwands-and-knitting.html
4) Started an elf hat for jess :P
Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!
x
I also find it hard to settle on things sometimes - I do think you need to try things out sometimes. Good luck if you go for it!
ReplyDeleteA couple of months ago we went to a small craft fair and the stallholders mostly ignored us when we could have been potential customers so I know what you mean! If you have a face book page that might be a good way to see what sells? And it's free!
ReplyDeleteI visited a fair this afternoon, down in Hereford where my daughter is at college. There were some beautiful handknitted goods, but sadly for them I was just collecting inspiration! (I did buy some Cider though - can't make that myself!) I do love a good mooch round a craft fair too.
ReplyDeleteFairs are so hit and miss, the one I did on Saturday local, small, village hall but did so, so well, one of the best for sales. Never write off the small ones as a friend did 2 small ones with her husbands photos last week and did very well. Perhaps the small fairs with little or no entrance fees, no petrol are the way to go plus everyone's knows everybody. Good luck whichever way you choose to go.
ReplyDeleteYou've seen how many different ideas I've worked through and am still dabbling with, sometimes you just have to give it a go and see what happens. I'm undecided about that fair, I think I'm aiming elsewhere for my bows. Its nice to see all your lovely knitted projects.
ReplyDelete